The latest 3.1 software update is being rolled out this week with a focus on our audio integrations. Included in this update are:
- Sonos & BluOS: New audio scene buttons
- Sonos plugin performance enhancements
Sonos & BluOS: New audio scene buttons
Recently we provided four audio actions (Party Mode, Ungroup All, Pause/Stop All, Play All) that could be assigned to scene buttons at the system level, i.e. the action controls all zones.
Now, included with update 3.1 are six new audio functions that perform actions in specific zones:
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Play (selected) Favourite
This is particularly useful when setting up Group Scenes. For example, users could create a “Morning” Group Scene which opens blinds, turns the lights on and plays your favourite morning radio station, at the press of a button. Other use case include:
- Quickly adjust the volume of a specific zone which having to navigate to it via the media screen
- Stop all of your downstairs zones without affecting the upstairs ones
Sonos plugin performance enhancements
We know that many Rithum Switch users find audio control a highly useful feature, so we’ve been working hard to ensure the Sonos integration works as flawlessly as possible. The integration has been reworked and all audio functions are now even more responsive, as they should be.